Creationism On The Line
Creationism : Not Religion, not Biology, but something in the Minds of Men
(A transcript of a call made to Liberty University, Lynchburg, Virginia, USA, June 13, 2005 upon the occasion of reading a news article about Larry Booher, Washington County, Virginia High School biology teacher, and his self-created classroom text “Creation Battles Evolution.” See : http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke%5C25094.html)
Caller : Could you connect me to the Department of Creation Studies, please?
Liberty : We don’t have a department with that name. What department would you like?
Caller : Connect me with someone who would know about Creation Studies.
Liberty: Hold please, while I connect you.
Liberty: Hello, Department of Religious Studies. Can I help you?
Caller : Hi, I’m looking for the Center for Creation Studies. Is that you?
Liberty: No, well, sorta, but its probably in the Biology Department. If you’ll hold, I re-direct your call.
Liberty : Hello, Biology Department. Can I help you?
Caller : Yes, I am looking for the Center for Creation Studies. Is that you?
Liberty : Well, yes and no. The Center for Creation Studies is headed by David DeWitt, but the Biology Department is headed by Dr. Sattler. Can I connect you to Mr. DeWitt’s number to leave a message? He’s on vacation till next week, but he will return your call as soon as he is back. He’s the one to speak to about creation studies. How about his email? Would you like that?
Caller : Yes, thanks, I’ll email him..
End of call. But certainly not end of subject.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home